Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wheat Berry Pancakes - recipe in progress

Ok, this still needs work but I want to write down what I did before I forget. They were actually quite tasty, but too thin on the griddle:

1 cup cooked wheat berries
3/4 cup milk (too much - try 1/2)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. powdered egg (could use 1 egg and less milk)

Put all ingredients in a blender and whir to combine.

Original recipe - called for sugar (Splenda), oil, and vanilla. I forgot to put all of these in. Didn't need the sugar, vanilla might have been a nice touch. Oil unnecessary as long as I cook it on the nonstick griddle with a little bit of spray.

Served with ICBINB spray and diced peaches.

Flavor: Excellent
Texture: Not bad, but too thin, and impossible to grab and flip.

No comments: