Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 12, Day 2

I had a great day yesterday. Didn't get any activity in unless you count chasing down the neighbor dog, which was about 10 minutes of intense activity. I was going to do the Gazelle when I got home, but then I stopped at the grocery store and hubby needed to go to Home Depot (which resulted in a new gas grill, so I'm not complaining, because now I can grill with ease, which will definitely help!).

Today will be my first foray into the world of meetings involving pastries this go-round. And I don't have any good alternatives to take with me to my workshop this morning. In the future I'll have a square of apple cake or baked oatmeal or something to carry with me, but I haven't made any yet. So, I must just resist! Fortunately, it'll be over before I get hungry for my morning snack.

B: iced coffee with skim milk, shredded wheat with skim milk, banana

S: jicama slices, plain yogurt mixed with cinnamon and splenda (yay! Survived the meeting!), some horrible sucralose-sweetened berry-flavored water (NASTY!)

L: baked falafel patties (recipe needs work), cucumber slices, two small pickles, Diet Rite

S: slice of ff American cheese and a slice of ff Swiss cheese

D: Chinese chicken salad, small gelato (8 points - whatever the chicken was cooked in, about 2 tsps of salad dressing, a few fried wonton strips, and the gelato)

Dinner was interesting. A couple of weeks ago, long before I made the spur of the moment decision that I was going to do this, I made plans to go to Noodles & Co. with a friend for dinner tonight. But, I was good - got a salad, dressing on the side, and did the fork dip method (made easier by the fact that I didn't like the dressing all that much). Then we decided to go get gelato. I decided I'd get a small one and enjoy every bite. It helps that they give you little tiny spoons so you can make it last longer!

Oh, and I definitely didn't take enough protein in my lunch/snacks today. I'll need to work on this...

Weekly points allowance (WPA): 33
Points used: 8
Points remaining: 25

Water: at least 12 glasses
Fruits/Veggies: 6
Whole Grains: yes
Milk: 2
Healthy Oil: yes
Protein: yes
Multivitamin: yes
Limit sugar and alcohol: Had some sugar, but we did skip the winetasting we walked past!

All in all, a successful day...

No comments: