Sunday, June 10, 2007

Getting Ready

I know from my past experience on Core that preparedness = success. So, I took a bit of time today to get ready for the week. I...

- broke out the popsicle mold and made up some fat free/sugar free pudding pops.

- put a bowl of white beans out to soak. These will go into the crockpot overnight and then I'll freeze them in two-cup portions so they're ready for recipes (thinking of inventing an Italian-style white bean and tuna salad. Stay tuned for details).

- mixed up a batch of baked falafel to have on hand for lunches (new recipe, I'll post it if it turns out to be any good!).

- ate the last of the ice cream.

Tonight I'll start a batch of yogurt, and I'll get my breakfast ready. I think I will have pumpkin pie oatmeal. So I'll put the oatmeal and pumpkin in a bowl with milk to soak, so it'll be quicker to heat up in the morning.

Oh, and I got some exercise today, too - we put together the planter rings in the front yard. Lots of stone lifting!

No comments: