Sunday, June 17, 2007

June 16, Day 6

Coming down the home stretch now, and my scale tells me I've lost five pounds since Tuesday. Go me!

I had two parties to go to, and only seven points left to work with. I did REALLY well.

First, we went to hubby's aunt's house for a family gathering. Then, we went to my parents' house for an early Father's Day dinner. My strategy for the day was to:

1. Lighten up my spinach dip recipe, so I could have a couple of bites without breaking the points bank. I made it with ff sour cream instead of regular. 1/4 cup made that way is 3 points.

2. Take sliced veggies in addition to the bread, so that I'd have something core for dipping. I took bell pepper strips and jicama slices.

3. Eat a late, hearty breakfast so I wouldn't be ravenous when we got to his aunt's house. Friday night I made some core "oat scones" and had one of those, two fried eggs, and a banana, about 10:00.

4. Eat light at his aunt's house. I ended up eating a ton of veggies, two small bites of spinach dip, and a hamburger patty with some mustard. There was supposed to be turkey, but they had a little trouble with the turkey fryer...

5. Stick to a core meal at Mom and Dad's. I'd called ahead of time so I knew what all would be there, and added a fruit salad to the menu. Almost everything was core - meat, grilled corn, grilled veggies, and salad (both a green salad and a fruit salad). I skipped the rolls. I did have a few french fries, a tiny piece of brownie (about 1" x 1/2", and about a tablespoon of ice cream. And I was satisfied with that. I drank lots of water and decaf iced tea.

I've stopped counting for the week, but I believe I've used up my weekly points allowance. I still have one barbecue to go, so I'm going to simply do the best I can with the food that is available to me.

No comments: