Thursday, June 14, 2007

June 14, Day 4

Yesterday I got some exercise in. I've been telling myself all week I just need to do it, and I did. I threw my shoes and socks in the car and went for a nice brisk walk at lunchtime. Tried to corral some friends into walking with me, but since it was spur of the moment, nobody was prepared. But, two people are going with me today. Yay!

So, I earned an Activity Point (AP) for that. Weight Watchers lets you eat your APs, because you have to burn more calories to earn one than you would eat to spend one. So you're still running a deficit. I like that.

This afternoon at work I'm going to an open house at our printer's shop. I'm told there will be wine and desserts. I can skip the wine (I'm actually pretty good at that since I've been on so much medication for the last year or so), but my plan is to have a small taste of something yummy, count points for it, and see how it goes.

I'm trying something new for breakfast this morning - wheat berry pancakes. Cooked wheat berries, milk, a scoop of powdered egg, some baking powder, some vanilla, some Splenda and salt. We'll see how it goes...

B: Wheat berry pancakes with diced canned peaches, iced coffee with skim milk.

S: Tomato soup and popcorn (yum)

L: baked falafel patties, grilled chicken, jicama and carrot sticks

S: Yogurt mixed with cinnamon and splenda. I have a banana to eat later if I need it...

D: Chevy's (19 points)

So we went to dinner at Chevy's. I was beyond ravenous, as we had to go to a doctor appointment across town and then hubby decided to stop and get the oil changed, which took an hour and a half when we were expecting 20 minutes (we never would have stayed, had we known). So, in spite of my telling myself over and over again "only eat five chips", I ate about half a basket. But, I did do a couple of things right -

1. Drank water instead of the yummy looking watermelon lemondade
2. Didn't eat the rice
3. Didn't eat ALL the chips they brought (they did bring a second basket).
4. Got an entree that involved grilled chicken and wasn't fried (pre-WW, I always got the flautas).

So, I'm seriously depleted in my points available for Saturday's family parties. So now I have to construct my game plan...

Weekly points allowance (WPA): 25
Points used: 19
Activity Points earned: 1
Points remaining: 7


Water: 10 by 3:00
Fruits/Veggies: 5
Whole Grains: Yep
Milk: 1+ (little shy today on that)
Healthy Oil: yep
Protein: Yep
Multivitamin: Yep
Limit sugar and alcohol: Yep

No comments: