Monday, July 30, 2007

Starting over again...

Story of my life. Get on a weight loss journey, have a hiccup, fall off, have trouble picking up the pieces and starting again. Let's face it.

I LOVE FOOD.

Really, I want to do this. I want to get to a healthy weight. I want to get off my blood pressure medication. I want to have a better shot at getting pregnant. I want my big fat belly to shrink some so I look better in jeans. I WANT THIS.

But it's hard. Takes an effort. And generally, I'm a really lazy person. I can think of 100 different things I want to do besides exercise. I love sugar. I love fat. And I love, love, love white flour products.

So somehow I need to turn this around and make a healthier me.

My scale stayed the same this week. Oh sure, I was down a pound at 2:00 this morning (as I was for most of last week), but somehow, between then and the time I got out of bed for real, I'd gone back up to last week's weigh in weight. But you know, that's ok. I didn't try at all last week. Too much going on. Barbecue, workshop lunch with NOTHING core (literally, NOTHING was Core at that place), meetings, scones, good stuff.

I shouldn't use that as an excuse. I should try to find ways around it, not just stay on the plan when it's convenient. That's what got me looking like this in the first place. I have to be stronger than food. Why is that so darn hard???

No comments: